Job Announcement, Department of Social Welfare, National Chung Cheng University
Tenure-track Faculty Position (Open Rank) in Social Welfare Related Studies
Position: One full-time assistant/associate/full professor position
Institute: Department of Social Welfare, National Chung Cheng University
Location: Chia-Yi County, Taiwan ROC
Application Closing Date: Monday, January 3rd, 2022
The Department of Social Welfare at National Chung Cheng University in the Republic of China (Taiwan) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant, associate or full professor level, starting on August 1st, 2022.
National Chung Cheng University is a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. Our faculty is dedicated to the promotion of social welfare research in policy and practice in Taiwan. Attracting and retaining high-caliber scholars is fundamental to our continued success.
National Chung-Cheng University was founded in 1989, and the master’s program in social welfare was among the first five graduate programs at the University. The Department of Social Welfare was soon established in 1992 to provide programs at the undergraduate, master’s and the doctoral levels. Since its inception, the Department has focused on an interdisciplinary approach to research and teaching on social welfare related fields. The faculty comes from diverse academic backgrounds including sociology, economics, political science, public finances, and social welfare/social work.
Qualifications and Preferences
1. Ph.D. or equivalent qualification in social welfare related fields awarded by a higher education institute recognized by the Ministry of Education Republic of China (Taiwan). Applicants who are in the eligible institutes and will complete their degree requirements by February 28, 2022 may provide a proof letter from the dissertation committee chair indicating the scheduled date of dissertation oral defense.
2. We welcome applicants who research and teach in, but not limited to, the following areas: political science, economics, political economy, health economics, labor issues, aging society, social welfare administration, and not-for-profit organizations and management.
Application should include:
1. Application form (the second item on the webpage: https://person.ccu.edu.tw/form/form_new.htm#B1)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Personal Statement (include information on academic background, research areas, and teaching interests)
4. Official proof of all undergraduate and graduate degrees (with notarization) and transcripts, as well as scholarships, if awarded
5. One hard copy of dissertation
6. Two reference letters
7. A list of publications within 5 years
8. Copies of writing samples
9. Research and teaching plans for the next 3 years (including course titles and course design)
10. Other materials that support the review of application, such as a track record of obtaining external research grants.
11. Contact information, including the applicant’s email address and phone number. If there is a contact person in Taiwan, please include the person’s name, address, and phone number.
Please submit all application materials by postal mail to the following address and postmarked by Monday, January 3rd, 2022:
Dr. Ching-Hsia Cheng
Professor and Chair
National Chung Cheng University Department of Social Welfare
168 University Road, Minhsiung Township
Chiayi County 621301, Taiwan, ROC
For further information, please contact:
Mr. Li-Kuan Lin (林秝寬先生)
Department website: http://dsw.ccu.edu.tw/
1. Abide by the Gender Equity Education Act, the university will conduct a sexual assault criminal record query on new recruits.
2. Instructors shall be prepared for conducting course instructions in both Mandarin Chinese and English.
Related Link(s) https://www.ccu.edu.tw/new_content_demo.php?type=bulletin&id=37239